You’re a diver underneath with the Descent G1 series. These rugged dive computers are built for multiple types of diving, whether you’re a recreational or technical scuba diver, spear fisher or free diver. The Descent G1 series is enabled with GPS to help mark your surface entry and exit points. Pair with the Garmin Dive™ app to upload, share and review dives, and you can store your favorite dive site locations right on your wrist.
So what makes it stand out from others? The Descent G1 is far more than a just a dive computer. It also doubles as a smartwatch with built-in sports apps and performance tracking features such as VO2 max. Get smart notifications on your wrist, pay for post-dive lunch with Garmin Pay™ contactless payments, and personalize your experience with support from the Connect IQ™ Store. Reach your health goals with wrist-based heart rate, activity and sleep tracking.
- Get multiple dive modes for single and multiple gas dives (including nitrox and trimix), gauge, apnea, apnea hunt and closed-circuit rebreather.
- Track your entry and exit points2 with advanced satellite connectivity.
- Store and review data for up to 200 dives — and share via the Garmin Dive app1.
- Add additional screens for each dive mode that features the fields you want to see.
- Pair with inReach satellite communicators2 and the inReach dive case (each sold separately).
- Easily navigate below the waterline with the built-in 3-axis compass.
- Stay up to date on ocean conditions so you can catch the perfect wave. Just pair the watch with your compatible smartphone.
- Use preloaded activity profiles for trail running, swimming, running, biking, hiking, rowing, skiing, golfing and more.
- This feature uses chronological age, your weekly vigorous activity and resting heart rate to estimate if your body is younger or older than you are. And you can get tips to lower your fitness age.
- After each workout, recovery time lets you know when you’ll be ready for another hard workout. It even accounts for training intensity and factors such as stress, daily activity and sleep.
- See conditions — such as tide, wave height, wind and surf rating — for each of the five nearest surf spots, when paired with the Garmin Connect™ app on your compatible smartphone.
- For training guidance that takes you and your fitness level into account, get daily run suggestions based on your current training load and status.
- Track how you’re breathing throughout the day, during sleep, and during breathwork.
- Get a full breakdown of your light, deep and REM sleep stages. View it all on a dedicated widget that includes your sleep score and insights.
- With improvements based on guidance from the CDC and WHO, now you can understand when you’ve earned daily intensity minutes and during what activity.
- Track your body’s energy levels so you can find the best times for activity and rest.
- Log daily fluid intake as a reminder to stay hydrated. When auto goal is enabled, you’ll even see estimated sweat loss after an activity, and your goal will adjust accordingly.
- The watch constantly samples your heart rate4 and will alert you if it stays too high or too low while you’re at rest. It also helps gauge how hard you work during activities — even while swimming.
- Enjoy a rugged, watch-style dive computer with a sapphire lens, silicone bands and an easy-to-read monochrome display.
- Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your wrist when paired with a compatible device.
- Stay in the water longer with up to 25 hours in dive mode, 21 days in smartwatch mode and 26 hours in GPS mode.