As with most Halcyon products, an immense amount of behind-the-scenes work is required to create a plate we are proud to sell. Halcyon backplates have been refined over the years to provide the highest-quality finish and materials available. Small details like the unique bends near the bottom of the plate create an ergonomic curve, increasing diver comfort. Meanwhile, our precise fabrication process ensures the quality you have come to expect from Halcyon. Each Halcyon backplate is cut from the highest quality stainless steel or aluminum and sophisticated CNC machines mill every edge; this detailed process eliminates the sharp edges common with competitors’ plates. Machine polishing is augmented by individual handwork, perfecting both form and function. Halcyon backplates are made in the United States, from start to finish.
Key Features of the Halcyon Backplate
- Constructed from high-grade, polished Stainless Steel or hard-coat Aluminum
- Carefully milled surfaces eliminate sharp edges
- Available in two sizes; both are compatible with any Halcyon BC component
- Standard: 6-lb. (2.7kg) Stainless Steel or lighter weight 2-lb. (.9kg) Aluminum (with harness)
- Standard-size plates are 15.5” X 10.25” (39.3cm x 26cm)
- Small: 5-lb. (2.26kg) Stainless Steel or 1.8 lb. Aluminum (with harness)
- Small plate measure 14” x 9.25” (35.5 cm x 23.5cm)
- Utility holes allow mating with Storage Pak to stow a variety of lift devices as well as the small Halcyon dry suit inflation kit
Small sized backplates do NOT have slots in the spine for tank straps.
*No harness or hardware included