As with most Halcyon products, an immense amount of behind-the-scenes work is required to create a plate that we are proud to sell. Halcyon backplates have been refined over the years, to provide the highest-quality finish and materials available. Small details, like the unique bends near the bottom of the plate, create an ergonomic curve, increasing diver comfort. Meanwhile, our precise fabrication process ensures the quality you have come to expect from Halcyon. Each Halcyon backplate is cut from the highest quality stainless steel, and sophisticated CNC machines mill every edge. This detailed process eliminates the sharp edges common with competitors’ plates. Machine polishing is augmented by individual handwork, perfecting both form and function.
KEY FEATURES OF THE HALCYON BACKPLATE
- Constructed from high-grade, polished stainless steel or hard-coat aluminum
- Carefully milled surfaces eliminate sharp edges
- Available in two sizes, both are compatible with any Halcyon BC component
- Standard: 6-lb. (2.7kg) stainless steel or lighter weight 2-lb. (.9kg) aluminum
- Standard-size plates are 15.5” X 10.25” (39.3cm x 26cm)
- Small: 5-lb. (2.26kg) stainless steel or 1.8 lb. aluminum
- Small plate measure 14” x 9.25” (35.5 cm x 23.5cm)
- Utility holes allow mating with Storage Pak to stow a variety of lift devices as well as the small Halcyon dry suit inflation kit
The Halcyon Secure Harness provides an infinitely adjustable fit, eliminating the uncomfortable movement found in conventional jacket buoyancy compensators. This perfectly tailored fit means that divers of all sizes can enjoy a custom diving configuration that supports unparalleled stability and diving comfort. Moreover, this unique system is easily convertible, allowing one to adjust buoyancy or quickly switch from singles to doubles. Regardless of your future aspirations, this flexibility means your diving system can grow with you. From your first open-water dive to your 100th deep dive, Halcyon is with you all the way.
Key Features of the Secure Harness
- Secure, continuous webbing provides a custom fit; eliminates unwanted tank movement
- Pre-bent shoulder D-rings facilitate quick storage of accessories from Scout lights to stage bottles
- Complete adjustability of D-rings eliminates inappropriate attachment points
- EPDM elastic bands help secure accessories
- Stainless Steel waist buckle
- Adjustable crotch strap enhances stability, nearly eliminating unwanted tank movement
- Halcyon Backplate & Harness comes standard with Blue H Webbing. It can also be special ordered with your choice of H colors: Yellow, Pink, Grey. Please allow extra time for delivery of special order items.
Frequently Purchased Together
Halcyon offers the original purchaser a one-year manufacturers warranty against material and workmanship defects on all of its products. Beyond this standard coverage, Halcyon also offers the original purchaser two separate lifetime warranties, one covering all RF-welded seams used in the construction of MC bladders, surface signaling and lift devices, and the second covering Halcyons primary light canisters. In order to maintain both the one-year manufacturers warranty and the lifetime warranty (where applicable) the original purchaser must retain their sales receipt.
Certain items, such as NiMH and SLA batteries, are covered by a 90-day conditional warranty that commences on the date of customer purchase. Following Halcyons recommended use and service guidelines provided in the manuals is essential in extending the practical lifetime of expendable items such as batteries and light bulbs.
The Halcyon warranty is a global warranty. As long as the customer has a valid sales receipt from an authorized Halcyon dealer, the warranty extends to all countries and shops, regardless of where the item was purchased. Any authorized Halcyon dealer can handle warranty returns to the factory with a valid receipt.
Unauthorized modifications/repairs, negligence, accidental damage, commercial use, or abuse are not covered by the warranty. Floods, leaks, punctures, and broken bulbs etc., are not covered by the warranty unless they are the direct result of a material or workmanship defect.
Customers Also Purchased
The Halcyon backplate pocket is the most efficient means to store any of the various Halcyon inflatable markers with ...