When the leading deep-wreck explorer Mike Barnette wanted a custom-designed rebreather wing capable of meeting his rigorous needs, he turned to the only manufacturer with the requisite experience: Halcyon Manufacturing. Our in-house design and production capabilities are enhanced by nearly two decades of cutting-edge exploration experience. The earliest versions of the CCR-35 were designed for the Megalodon and the KISS rebreathers; however, subsequent field use has demonstrated this wing is ideal for most closed-circuit rebreathers utilizing inverted cylinders.
All Halcyon BCs include:
- 1000 count Cordura outer shell allows the superior abrasion resistance
- Urethane coated, 400-denier nylon inner bladder for puncture resistance without stiffness
- Halcyon inner bladders are RF welded with a lifetime warranty on all seams
- 22” Preferred length LP hose
- OEM inflator with corrugated hose
- Corrugated hose strain relief to reduce stress on the inflation connections
- Heavy duty zipper to allow easy access, if needed, to the inner bladder
- Rapid water drainage via SS grommet holes or Texteline mesh
A range of carefully engineered design features is sure to impress even hard-core CCR divers:
- 35 pounds (16 kg) of carefully tailored buoyancy provide the right amount of lift in exactly the right places.
- Standard 11-inch, on-center grommet holes provide easy attachment to most CCRs.
- Limits lift behind diver’s head; lift near inverted valves supports horizontal trim and diver’s balance.
- Offset inflator elbow supports easy access to the rebreather while keeping the inflator clear of the breathing loop.
- Slotted wing allows supply hoses to route through the wing, keeping hoses streamlined and close to the body.
- OPV is positioned to limit interference with open-circuit bailout bottles and to support easy venting.
The CCR-35 uses the same professional-grade workmanship and material found in all Halcyon wings but is not CE certified.
Frequently Purchased Together
Halcyon offers the original purchaser a one-year manufacturers warranty against material and workmanship defects on all of its products. Beyond this standard coverage, Halcyon also offers the original purchaser two separate lifetime warranties, one covering all RF-welded seams used in the construction of MC bladders, surface signaling and lift devices, and the second covering Halcyons primary light canisters. In order to maintain both the one-year manufacturers warranty and the lifetime warranty (where applicable) the original purchaser must retain their sales receipt.
Certain items, such as NiMH and SLA batteries, are covered by a 90-day conditional warranty that commences on the date of customer purchase. Following Halcyons recommended use and service guidelines provided in the manuals is essential in extending the practical lifetime of expendable items such as batteries and light bulbs.
The Halcyon warranty is a global warranty. As long as the customer has a valid sales receipt from an authorized Halcyon dealer, the warranty extends to all countries and shops, regardless of where the item was purchased. Any authorized Halcyon dealer can handle warranty returns to the factory with a valid receipt.
Unauthorized modifications/repairs, negligence, accidental damage, commercial use, or abuse are not covered by the warranty. Floods, leaks, punctures, and broken bulbs etc., are not covered by the warranty unless they are the direct result of a material or workmanship defect.